Tuscaloosa Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
June 2018 Meetings
The Tuscaloosa Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will hold the following meetings:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (BPC), Monday, June 18, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC), Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 5:00 p.m.
- Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC), Thursday, June 21, 2018, 10:00 a.m.
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (Policy Committee), Monday, June 25, 2018, 2:00 p.m.
The meetings will be held at the West Alabama Regional Commission (WARC), 4200 Highway 69 North, Suite 1, Northport. The public is encouraged to attend and participate. Anyone requiring special assistance should contact the WARC at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (205-333-2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Items that will be discussed at the meetings include: (1) the draft Fiscal Year 2019 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP); (2) proposed Fiscal Years 2016-2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) amendments; (3) strategies for the 2045 Long-Range Transportation Plan; and (4) the draft 2018 Public Involvement Plan (PIP). The draft UPWP and PIP are available at https://www.warc.info/mpo-documents/.
Proposed TIP amendments
- (Cost Increase) 100057987 SR-69 from Plantation Road to I-20/59 Overpass including Alabama Southern Railroad Overpass - Intersection improvements; CN; Old Estimate $41,624,160; New Estimate $51,877,392.13
- (Project Removal from TIP) 100051850 Jack Warner Parkway/Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard from 21st Avenue to 9th Street - Widen and resurface; RW; FY2018; $1,823,330
- (Project Removal from TIP) 100051851 Jack Warner Parkway/Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard from 21st Avenue to 9th Street - Widen and resurface; UT; FY2019; $781,428
- (Project Removal from TIP) 100051852 Jack Warner Parkway/Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard from 21st Avenue to 9th Street - Widen and resurface; CN; FY2019; $8,021,062
- (Cost Increase) 100066957 SR-69 from the Hale County Line to Old Greensboro Road; FM; Old Estimate $8,960,905; New Estimate $10,132,682.67
The public can comment on the proposed TIP amendments at any of the MPO committee meetings, by mail (at the address in the header), e-mail (email@example.com), telephone (205-333-2990, x 213), or fax (205-333-2713). Public comments regarding the proposed amendments will be accepted until June 15, 2018, unless submitted at one of the June MPO committee meetings.
The MPO Policy Committee plans how federal highway and transit funds are spent in Tuscaloosa County. The MPO Policy Committee is served by three advisory committees: the BPC, CTAC, and the TCC. The BPC was formed to assist the MPO with bicycle and pedestrian issues. The CTAC provides active and on-going public participation. The TCC, composed of engineers and planners, provides technical guidance to the Policy Committee.