Tuscaloosa Area MPO October 2019 Meetings
The Tuscaloosa Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will hold the following meetings:
1. Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (BPC), Monday, October 21, 2019, 10:00 a.m.
2. Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC), Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
3. Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC), Thursday, October 24, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
4. Metropolitan Planning Organization (Policy Committee), Monday, October 28, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
The meetings will be held at the West Alabama Regional Commission (WARC), 4200 Highway 69 North, Northport. The public is encouraged to attend and participate. Anyone requiring special assistance should contact the WARC at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (205-333-2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Items that will be discussed at the meetings include: (1) proposed amendments for the Fiscal Years 2020-2023 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP); (2) the bicycle and pedestrian plan update schedule; (3) the bicycle and pedestrian current conditions; and (4) election of officers for fiscal year 2020. The initial meeting packets are available at https://www.warc.info/mpo-meetings/. MPO documents and maps are available at https://www.warc.info/mpo-documents/.
Proposed TIP Amendments
• (Deletion) 100061864 Frank Lary Road (CR-107) from Mitt Lary Road (CR-54) to Lary Lake Road (CR-98) - Patching, resurfacing, and striping; CN; 12/6/2019; $881,752
• (Deletion) 100061867 Kennedy Mill Road from SR-216 to Holt-Peterson Road - Resurfacing; CN; 12/6/2019; $454,833
• (Deletion) 100061868 Holt-Peterson Road from Kennedy Mill Road to Alabama Avenue - Resurfacing; CN; 12/6/2019; $937,780
• (Deletion) 100061874 Sand Road from Romulus Road to Frog Ridge Road - Resurfacing; CN; 12/6/2019; $473,040
• (Addition) 100070603 SR-69 from Mae Hinton Boulevard to 65th Street - Add turn lanes; UT; 12/1/2019; $150,000
The public can comment on the proposed TIP amendment at any of the MPO committee meetings, by mail (at the address in the header), e-mail (email@example.com), telephone (205-333-2990, x 213), or fax (205-333-2713). Public comments regarding the proposed amendments will be accepted until October 18, 2019, unless submitted at one of the October MPO committee meetings.
The MPO Policy Committee plans how federal highway and transit funds are spent in Tuscaloosa County. The MPO Policy Committee is served by three advisory committees: the BPC, CTAC, and the TCC. The BPC was formed to assist the MPO with bicycle and pedestrian issues. The CTAC provides active and on-going public participation. The TCC, composed of engineers and planners, provides technical guidance to the Policy Committee.
DRAFT: 2019 ANNUAL UPDATE DISTRICT II COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
Request for Comments
DRAFT: 2019 ANNUAL UPDATE
COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
The District II Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) known as the West Alabama Economic Development Playbook is designed to bring the citizens, both public and private, together to create strategies to improve the District’s economy. This document looks at the District’s population, economy, and resources and establishes goals for economic development in the District. The annual update provides an assessment of new developments and investments to the district.
This document is in draft form and is currently available for review. Please forward comments on the draft to:
West Alabama Regional Commission
P. O. Box 509
Northport, AL 35476
Attn: Cory Johnson / 2015 Annual CEDS Update
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL COMMENTS BY:
November 15, 2019